Monday, June 8, 2015

Planning, preparation and anticipation for Ndola, Zambia



As the 2015 Team Mutomo is getting ready to depart tomorrow, we each are going through our own excitement and nervous thoughts and feelings about the trip. (And packing, see photo)

Recent graduate Katie George said, “This is my first time being out of the country, and I'm very excited! I've been working for months and have invested a lot into this trip and have no doubt that it will all be worth it. I'm also very nervous, as this will all be new to me, but this is the best kind of nervousness. I love service, traveling, and trying something new and cannot wait to embark on an experience so foreign to me.”
Philip Goldman writes, “As for excitement, it is one of the great privileges of my life to be invited to join these Sisters in their mission to help the poor and most vulnerable of their community.  There is nothing more inspiring or humbling than joining them shoulder-to-shoulder.  I am a little nervous as well as I want to make sure every student, without exception, will meet and exceed her personal expectations for this trip.”
As for me, this is a new experience as well, although I was fortunate to go to Guatemala in 2007 and 2008 on Visitation mission trips. This trip, however, brings a different type of nervousness, especially with our needing so many vaccinations and prescriptions, although everything I have heard seems pretty safe. I am excited to see a different community in Ndola and form new friendships with the Sisters, teachers and children as we work in different surroundings such as the schools, orphanages and in the field helping with medical are.

We will try to blog every day on our trip. Please keep us and our work in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you!

Posted by Jayme Simon, Upper School physical education teacher and Team Mutomo chaperone

No comments:

Post a Comment