Saturday, June 18, 2016

My cup of water

Hi, family and friends!

This trip has been incredible and there is still so much more to look forward to! This morning at our daily reflection led by Sr. Christine, she gave the team a chance to look back on our days here in Ndola. Sr. Christine asked us to choose what "cup of water" we want to keep with us as a significant memory from this mission trip. The "cup of water" was a metaphor for an experience, out of our many, that has impacted and stuck with us the most. My "cup of water"was to not take simple things for granted. For example, a doctor/dentist appointment or having a washer and dryer to clean our clothes. I can't say that I will never complain but if I do I will stop and look back on my trip here and everything I saw and experienced. This place and these people have left me with a new and improved perspective on life, which I know will stay with me and the team forever.

See you soon,
Olivia Koalska

No comments:

Post a Comment