Saturday, June 18, 2016

Zambia 2016

Hi, it's Rachel! This adventure in Zambia is coming to an end but I know I will forever be changed by the people I've met and the experiences I've had. One experience that I will never forget is when I first went to the bush to visit the outreach clinic. There were 100 or more people waiting there. We saw so many kids there and began playing with them. It was difficult at first because we did not speak Bembe and they did not speak English. However, we were able to communicate and start games of duck-duck goose and jump rope. It was amazing to see the interaction we were able to have between two totally different cultures, yet we completely understood each other and were able to learn from one another.

-See you soon, Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment